8 time management tips to make you more productive
November 1, 2010
Use these techniques for better achieving goals and saving more time.
1. Commit your goals and time tables to writing.
2. Plan or schedule each day’s activities. In effect, this is your “to do” list.
3. These activities should support your goals. If not, change the activities or your goals.
4. Prioritize these activities in the order of their importance in accomplishing your goals.
5. Do each activity in the order of its importance.
6. Do one thing at a time. This is the only way you can focus your attention on the task and do it effectively in a minimum amount of time.
7. Discontinue activities not essential to accomplishing your goals to allow more time to do those activities on your list. Don’t mistake activity for accomplishment.
8. Scrutinize the way you spend your days to avoid or minimize such time wasters as telephone interruptions, drop-in visitors, ineffective delegation, personal disorganization, procrastination, idle conversation and inability to say no.